Fill your home with aromatic scents by cooking up this delicious take on traditional butter chicken. Simple, creamy, and with incredible flavor, this dish takes no time to put together and the flavors are incredible! Pair with your favorite veggie or keto friendly side dish and you’ll have a five star meal in under 30 minutes!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Radically Powerful Spice</p></h4>
Oftentimes it’s easy to forget how amazing and beneficial spices are—turmeric for example! This bright orange spice helps with inflammation, cholesterol, and has powerful antioxidant properties. The main anti-inflammatory component in turmeric is curcumin. Curcumin suppresses molecules known to play major roles in inflammation. Reducing inflammation in the body leads to a reduction of cholesterol. The antioxidants present in turmeric work to neutralize free radicals while stimulating your body's own antioxidant enzymes.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">The More Spice the Better the Benefits</p></h4>
To add to our nutritional potent spice collection, in comes garam masala! Traditionally, 6 spices make up garam masala—black peppercorns, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, nutmeg, and cumin. All have powerful uses on their own giving this spice a major punch of benefits. Together these spices improve digestion and may decrease digestive transit time, which is excellent for lowering the likelihood of constipation. Garam masala acts as a natural cancer preventative agent by encouraging bodily detoxification.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Slow Cooker Butter Chicken</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Serves: 6</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast or tenderloin
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 onion
* 4-6 cloves garlic
* 1 thumb fresh ginger
* 1 14 oz. can light coconut milk
* ¾ of a 6 oz. can tomato paste
* 2 tablespoons almond flour
* 1 tablespoon garam masala spice blend
* ½ teaspoon paprika
* 1 teaspoon turmeric
* salt & pepper to taste
* 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper, optional for spice
* Fresh green onions, or cilantro, for garnish
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Prepare ingredients by dicing the onion and garlic. Finely grate the fresh ginger. Then chop your chicken into 2 inch chunks.
2. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
3. When butter is sizzling, add onion, and cook 2-3 minutes.
4. Add garlic and ginger, stirring and cooking until fragrant.
5. Add coconut milk, tomato paste, almond flour, and spices. Stir until thickened and hot.
6. Stir in chicken chunks, reduce heat, and simmer. About 15 minutes or until no longer pink and cooked through.
7. Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference.
8. Garnish with green onion or cilantro and serve with your favorite keto friendly side dish. Enjoy!