Salads are fast, easy and with so many different ways you can prepare them they quickly will become one of your go to meals! Not only do they taste amazing but salads are just great for you. Taking only 30 minutes to prepare this recipe, the aromas of fresh lemon and thyme will be irresistible!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">The Low Down on Lemons</p></h4>
Oh the tangy goodness of lemons! We love how versatile and yummy they are all the while having great nutritional value! Really though, the lemon is high in vitamin C, fiber and various beneficial plant compounds that most wouldn’t consider it having. Vitamin C is extremely important for our bodies and aids in our immune fighting abilities. In just one lemon you will get 51% of our daily value of vitamin C! That’s a lot for a single lemon! Lemons are also known for aiding in digestion, detoxification and preventing kidney stones!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">A Bit of Thyme</p></h4>
In general, thyme is excellent at supporting the immune and respiratory systems as well as the digestive, nervous and other body systems. It’s a serious powerhouse when it comes supporting your immune system. Thyme oil is one of the strongest, natural antimicrobials, making it a serious weapon against sore throats, flu’s, and all kinds of other ailments. Its carvacrol content is a major reason why it’s one of the top essential oils for sore throat relief.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Loaded Chicken Caesar Salad</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 15 | Cook Time: 15 | Serves: 4</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 6 cups romaine lettuce
* Keto caesar salad dressing
* 2 eggs hard boiled
* 1 avocado
* 1 cup cherry tomatoes
* ⅓ cup red onion
* ⅓ cup pecans toasted and salted
* 2 chicken breasts
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
* 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
* Black pepper to taste
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Add all the marinade ingredients to the chicken, and set aside for 20 minutes to 3 hours to allow the flavors to soak in.
2. Chop the lettuce, avocado, tomatoes and red onion to desired sizes.
3. Grill the chicken on a BBQ or pan fry until desired doneness.
4. Toss the chopped romaine in the vegan caesar salad dressing. Top with grilled chicken, avocado, tomatoes, onions, and pecans.
5. Serve immediately once tossed!