These days there are many ways to keep our favorite foods around by simply adding a little spin on the ingredients! Chicken is a staple for many following a ketogenic diet and is not only a great source of protein but can be cooked in so many different ways. Chicken tenders are an American classic, that let’s face it, most of us devoured when we were kids! Crunchy on the outside and moist on the inside, this tasty treat isn’t just for kids, and is a great way to switch things up for lunch or dinner!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Good Ol Chicken..</p></h4>
Chicken is one of the most common and popular meats in American households as well as other parts of the world for good reason. It is often inexpensive, easy to raise and is one of the most versatile meats rich in protein and low in fat. A boneless, skinless chicken breast contains 165 calories, 31 grams of protein and 3.6 grams of fat. Many cultures have put their spin on dishes using chicken and here we have a classic chicken tender but keto style!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Coconut Oil for fat burning:</p></h4>
Coconut oil is a go to when following a ketogenic diet for many reasons. Coconut oil is high in healthy fats that help boost fat burning and raise the good cholesterol (HDL’s) which aid in reducing heart disease. These healthy fats, know as medium chain triglycerides, are metabolized differently than most other fats. Medium chain triglycerides in coconut oil have been shown to increase calories burned over 24 hours by as much as 5%. On top of the fat burning benefits, coconut oil also has Monolaurin, an active component that is found to be antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal in nature. Monolaurin has been shown to protect against the harmful effects of bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus that causes pimples and other skin infections.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Crispy Keto Chicken Tenders</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes | Serves: 5
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 1 pound chicken breasts (cut into thin 3” slices)
* ¾ cups almond flour
* 2 ½ tablespoons coconut flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* ¼ teaspoon pepper
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
* ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
* ½ cup full fat coconut milk
* ¼ cup avocado oil
* 2 tablespoons coconut oil
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Combine dry ingredients in a shallow dish (almond flour, coconut flour, salt, pepper, seasonings, and parmesan cheese). Whisk well.
2. Add coconut milk to a separate dish and season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and a pinch of pepper. Set both dishes aside.
3. Cut chicken into small pieces. Add chicken to coconut milk to coat.
4. Transfer chicken pieces from the coconut milk into the flour mixer and make sure each piece is coated thoroughly.
5. Add oils to a large cast iron skillet and place over medium heat. Once oil is hot, drop chicken pieces into pan. Fry on all sides until golden brown. Remove chicken from oil and place on a paper towel.
6. Serve with your favorite keto friendly dipping sauce and enjoy!