Looking for a simple weeknight meal that is full of healthy fats and packed with flavor? This baked salmon recipe is just that! Sour cream, mustard, and parmesan are combined to make the perfect topping for these simply baked salmon filets. Pair with your favorite ketogenic friendly side dish or veggie and you have yourself a perfect low carb, protein-packed meal!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">King of the Sea</p></h4>
Salmon is a nutrient dense fish and is credited with everything from extending the life span to preventing heart attacks. And not only does the salmon nutrition profile possess one of the highest omega-3 contents of any type of fish, but each serving is also packed with tons of other vitamins, minerals, and salmon protein as well. Why does salmon have all these amazing omega 3’s you ask? It is due to their diet which primarily consists of algae, and the beneficial fatty acids are concentrated in the fish. Then we, in turn, get these amazing benefits from eating them! Some amazing benefits from omega-3’s are a reduced cancer risk, improved vision, and better brain function just to name a few.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Dill Weed</p></h4>
When we first think of dill, we don’t automatically think of high in nutrients but it is! In fact, dill and dill weed provide a surprising amount of both mental and physical benefits. The oil portion of dill once extracted has been studied for its ability to prevent bacterial overgrowth. In this respect, dill shares the stage with garlic, which has also been shown to have antiviral properties. The use of Dill dates back thousands of years using a few teaspoons in a cup of boiling water as a tea to soothe infants with colic, to calm nerves, soothe upset stomachs, and promote sleep. One thing is for sure, incorporating dill into your recipes is definitely a good thing!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Sour Cream Baked Salmon</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Serves: 4</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 4 (6-ounce) wild salmon filets
* ½ cup whole fat sour cream
* 1 ½ teaspoons mustard
* ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
* 2 tablespoons fresh dill
* 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
* Salt and fresh ground pepper
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet or baking dish.
2. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mustard, and the cheese and dill.
3. Season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste.
4. Place salmon onto a baking sheet then spread two tablespoons of sour cream mixture on top of each salmon filet.
5. Bake 10 to 15 minutes until barely done in the center at the thickest part of the salmon. The center should be firm, but with a small amount of uncooked salmon in the very center.
6. Depending on how thick the salmon is, it may need a few minutes longer. (The internal temperature should be around 125 degrees F).
7. Remove from oven then cover lightly with aluminum foil and let rest 5 to 10 minutes. During this time, the salmon will continue to cook.