Looking to liven up traditional ketogenic breakfast ingredients with a unique way to serve them? Well you have found it! We can never deny the power of bacon, cheese and eggs! The glorious combination will be a sure crowd pleaser at any brunch and breakfast event!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Oh Marvelous Cheese</p></h4>
High quality food is always important to focus on and cheese is no exception. Remember, fat is fuel. You want all the fat in cheese, and it’s important to opt for fat that is high quality. When following a ketogenic diet It’s best to avoid low fat shredded cheese, and items made with skim, 1% or 2% milk. High in vitamin D and calcium, these minerals can help protect your body from chronic diseases like diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, cancer and other cardiovascular diseases. Vitamin D helps absorb calcium, and you need both to build and maintain strong bones, in addition to supporting your muscles, nerves and heart. Another important mineral is vitamin A, which is vital for promoting eye health. It’s an antioxidant that can prevent eye dryness and night blindness, and has been shown to prevent loss of vision caused by age-related eye diseases.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Support Bacon Awareness</p></h4>
For many of us, the smell and sound of sizzling bacon in the morning is like music to our ears… and taste buds! Aside from its irresistible flavor high quality bacon also has many health benefits that are often overlooked. By high-quality we mean bacon that is uncured, contains no antibiotics or hormones and is free of hidden sugars. With its Omega-3 content, bacon can have a positive benefit on your heart and body. If you are looking to lower your cholesterol, a serving of bacon can help raise the good numbers over time, while reducing the bad. The amino acids that you also need in your diet, can also be found in bacon, making it a delicious way to keep your brain and body healthy and functional, all while maintaining muscle mass and hormone balance.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Bacon, Egg and Cheese Roll-Ups</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 15-20 mins | Serves: 6</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 6 large eggs
* 2 tablespoons whole milk
* ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
* Sea salt
* Black pepper
* 1 tablespoon grass fed butter
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
* 18 slices uncured bacon
* 2 cups shredded cheddar
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. In a large skillet pre-cook the bacon until done on one side and still soft enough to roll.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and garlic powder and season with salt and pepper.
3. In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add eggs and scramble, 3 minutes, then stir in chives.
4. On a cutting board, lay out three strips of the cooked bacon. Sprinkle the bottom third with cheddar and top with a large spoonful of scrambled eggs. Roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining
cheese and eggs.
5. Return skillet to heat and add bacon roll-ups seam-side down. Cook until desired crispness on all sides, then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain fat. Serve.
6. You can also place them on a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up and bake them at 400℉ for 15 to 20 minutes or until desired crispiness. Remember oven times vary.