Welcome to week 2 of our fantastic meal prep sundays! This week we are going to prepare delicious Pesto Chicken and Veggies that will be the perfect lunch for your week. Packed with protein and completely versatile, you endless options to switch things out for your favorite ingredients.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">These Beans are a Magical Veggie</p></h4>
Like other vegetables, green beans are a good source of fiber, potassium, and folate, and are an excellent source of protein, iron, and zinc. They contain antioxidants similar to those found in green tea, also known as catechins, which can improve heart health and help prevent cancer and manage/prevent diabetes. Plus they are also a good source of Vitamin C which helps to fight infection and has protective benefits for our immune system. They are versatile, sweet, crunchy and nutritious! A perfect addition to your meals.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">The Sauce of all Sauces</p></h4>
If you have not tried pesto sauce, it is time that you try it to reap all its benefits. Prepared with olive oil, fresh basil, pine nuts and Parmesan cheese pesto sauce can be a healthy addition to your diet. Pesto sauce can offer a wealth of nutrients which other sauces usually lack. The ingredients in pesto are all known to have amazing nutritional value one of which is Basil, it contains potent compounds that stabilise blood sugar levels. Also, the antioxidants in fresh basil leaves can protect your cells from free radical damage. Garlic contains Allicin, this important compound is known to have excellent antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and antioxidant properties. Pine nuts are a good source of protein and contain healthy fats that are good for your heart health. They also contain essential minerals like potassium and magnesium that aid in lowering your blood sugar levels.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Pesto Chicken & Veggies</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Serves: 4</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 2 tablespoons avocado oil
* 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 1 pound green beans
* 2 cups cherry tomatoes
* 1 cup basil pesto
* Salt, to taste
* Pepper, to taste
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. In a large fry pan, heat avocado oil on medium heat.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper then add to the preheated pan.
3. When the chicken is completely cooked through after about 14-18 minutes or until juices run clear, remove from pan.
4. Slice into strips, and set aside.
5. Add green beans and cook until tender.
6. Return the chicken strips to the pan with the green beans, then add tomatoes and pesto. Stir until ingredients are covered in pesto sauce and remove from heat after about 5 minutes.
7. Divide into 4 food storage containers and store in the refrigerator or serve immediately.