Trying to eat lighter doesn't mean you have to give up your favorite foods and let’s face it, buffalo wings are delicious, but not the best for you. This salad provides all of those spicy, tangy buffalo chicken wing flavors, without the extra calories and carbs. Ready in less than 15 minutes you will have yourself a flavor explosion that perfect for lunch or dinner!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Fruit or Vegetable?</p></h4>
Actually, tomatoes are both! I know crazy! Red, sweet, juicy tomatoes! They not only taste great but nutritionally speaking they are wonderful for you. They are a high antioxidant food containing lycopene which has been shown to reduce cancer risk and help our immunities! With these amazing benefits, we must remember that tomatoes have a slightly higher carb content containing about 3.9 carbs per 100-gram tomato. Making sure you plan your macros ahead of time to enjoy these tasty treats without dinging your carb count for the day is a must.
Celery is loaded with good nutrients that you never would have guessed! Did you know that some vegetables can actually help hydrate you?? Well, they can, and celery is at the top of its game when it comes to added electrolytes!. As a supplier of antioxidant flavonoids and polyphenol phytonutrients(such as phthalides)ability to improve liver, skin, eye and cognitive health... Can you believe these little stalks have so much value to them?! They are a perfect addition to a meal or just as a snack!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Buffalo Chicken Salad</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Serves: 2</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 2 boneless chicken breasts
* 1/2 cup Wingtime buffalo sauce
* 1 head of lettuce
* 6 ounces cherry tomatoes
* 1 cup celery
* 1 cucumber
* 1 avocado
* 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
* 1 cup Primal Kitchen ranch dressing
* 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
* 1/4 cup Wingtime buffalo wing sauce
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. In a medium pan, saute chicken for 8-10 minutes until no longer pink and golden brown. Cut the chicken into bite-size chunks.
2. In a small bowl, combine chicken and buffalo sauce. Mix together until chicken is thoroughly coated in sauce.
3. Chop lettuce, bell pepper, celery, cucumber and avocado.
4. In a large bowl, add lettuce then top with celery, cucumber, avocado, and tomatoes. Toss the salad so all ingredients are mixed.
5. Add the salad to individual bowls. Top each salad with about a 1/2 cup of buffalo chicken and desired amount of blue cheese crumbles then top with dressing.