Breakfast biscuits...oh yes, you read that right. Homemade, delicious melt-in-your-mouth breakfast biscuits that are keto friendly! Glorious words we know! This recipe is sure to become a top-requested family favorite. Not only is it delectable, it’s also high in protein and nutrients to start your day off right.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Almond Flour Perfection</p></h4>
Micronutrients include all the vitamins and minerals you need for health. One ounce of almonds ground into flour adds 6.8 milligrams of vitamin E to your daily vitamin intake. Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps prevent cell damage, heart disease, and stroke. Almond flour also gives you 0.8 milligrams of iron and 57.4 milligrams of calcium in a 1/4-cup serving. You’ve likely heard that calcium helps strengthen your bones and teeth.It also helps your circulatory system carry enzymes and hormones throughout your body. Compared to other nuts, almonds provide the most calcium and are beneficial for heart health as well as lowering cholesterol. Needless to say it is a perfect choice for all your flour needs!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">More than Just Protein</p></h4>
With the combination of eggs, sausage, and cheese the protein content is through the roof in this breaky sandwich—but wait there’s more! We all know eggs are delicious. But did you know they also reduce your risk of a laundry list of diseases, protect your skin and eyes from UV damage, and improve liver and brain function? It’s true, and those are only some of the amazing health benefits of eggs. Lutein and zeaxanthin are two nutrients that maintain eye health. They filter out dangerous high-energy blue spectrums of light and act as both antioxidants and anti-inflammatories. The silent blue light filtering that lutein and zeaxanthin perform in your eyes reduces the chances that you’ll develop many common eye diseases, like macular degeneration and glaucoma.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Keto Biscuit Breakfast Sandwiches</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Serves: 8</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 1 ½ cups superfine almond flour
* ¼ teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder
* ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
* ¾ teaspoon onion powder
* 2 large eggs
* ½ cup full fat sour cream
* 4 tablespoons unsalted grass-fed butter, melted
* ½ tablespoon avocado oil
* 4 large eggs
* 4 tablespoons heavy cream
* salt and pepper, to taste
* 8 breakfast sausage patties, cooked/heated according to instructions
* 8 small slices of cheddar cheese
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly grease cavities of a 12-cup muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, salt, baking powder, garlic powder, and onion powder.
3. In a small bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, and butter. Whisk until smooth. Pour into large bowl with dry ingredients.
4. Mix with a whisk or spoon until batter is evenly mixed. It will be quite thick.
5. Scoop ¼ cup of batter and place into muffin mold. The batter is sticky, you will need to use a spatula to scrape and remove all the batter from the measuring cup. Repeat until you’ve used up all the batter.
6. Bake biscuits about 10-11 minutes or until tops are golden and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow biscuits to cool for about 15-20 minutes, until they are no longer too hot to touch.
7. Use a thin spatula to loosen edges of biscuits. Remove biscuits from muffin pan.
1. In a medium bowl, add eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Beat eggs with whisk.
2. Add oil to large skillet. Swirl oil around to coat the surface of the skillet. Bring to medium heat.
3. When skillet is hot, add eggs. Cook a few minutes, until eggs are set and you can flip them in one piece.
4. Flip eggs and cook a few more minutes until eggs are fully cooked to desired doneness..
5. Cut eggs into squares to fit with the biscuits.
6. To assemble sandwiches, slice biscuits in half with a sharp bread knife. Layer with sausage, cheese, and egg. Enjoy!