How can one resist tacos?! We sure can’t and now you don’t have to with these bite-sized keto tacos! This recipe makes a great, healthy appetizer, and is packed with all that delicious taco flavor. Who knew you could get so much flavor in one little bite? Give this recipe a try for your next get together and we promise your guests will be begging for more!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Turn up the heat!</p></h4>
When you’re enjoying spicy ethnic foods like Indian and Mexican cuisines, you may not realize that you’re ingesting a powerhouse ingredient. Chili powder not only adds amazing flavor, but as with all chilies, brings a wealth of nutrition along with it! Most chilies are known for their high concentration of capsaicin, but did you know they also have anti-inflammatory properties?. The capsaicin compound also revs your metabolism, which increases your fat burning skills. Yes, please! The fiery spice contains vitamin C, acting as an antioxidant to strengthen the immune system and heal injuries and infections.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Spice It Up</p></h4>
Adding spices such as cumin to your meal is a great way to add to the nutritional content without any added calories and very minimal carbs. Cumin seeds' health benefits mainly come from their phyto-chemicals, which have shown to have carminative, antioxidant and anti-flatulent properties. Vitamin E present in cumin triggers the anti-aging processes within the body, thus preventing premature aging symptoms. It acts as an antioxidant to combat the free radicals that attack the skin and cause signs of aging like wrinkles, age spots, and sagging skin. Cumin is also very dense in iron, providing almost 20% of your daily iron in one teaspoon.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Taco Bites</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 40 mins | Serves: 30</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
* 1 pound Ground Beef or meat of choice
* 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
* 2 tablespoons Cumin
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 8 teaspoons Sour Cream for garnish
* 2 avocado
* Pico de Gallo for garnish
* Lime for garnish
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Preheat oven to 350℉
2. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat place piles of cheese 2 inches apart. Each pile can be about 1 tablespoon full.
3. Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes or until the edges of the cheese are brown.
4. Let the cheese cool for 1 minute then lift it up and press it into the cup of a mini muffin tin pushing it down to form a cup.
5. Let cheese cool completely then remove.
6. While you continue to bake the cheese and create your cups place the ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat cooking until it is completely cooked through.
7. Drain the grease from the meat and then add the spices and 1/4 c of water.
8. Stir until combined and simmer for 5 minutes then add more salt to taste.
9. Add meat to cheese cups and top with 1/4 teaspoon of sour cream each.
10. Chop avocado into small bite-size pieces, then top each taco with pico de gallo and avocado.