Looking for a dish to spice things up on your keto diet? Look no further! This Buddha Bowl is perfect for lunch or dinner and is loaded with nutrients. Salmon is well known for its versatility and health benefits making it a perfect protein choice for this tasty dish. Great for on the go or as a quick weeknight meal, this is a perfect dish when you are short on time and trying to stick to a ketogenic diet.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Why eat salmon on keto you ask?</p></h4>
<h5>Rich in healthy fats, protein and nutrients:</h5>
Salmon is one of the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA and high in B Vitamins. A 3.5 ounce(100-gram) portion of wild caught salmon has 2.6 grams of long chain omega-3 fatty acids which are credited for decreasing inflammation, lowering blood pressure and reducing cancer risk. Salmon is an excellent source of protein containing 22-25 grams per a 3.5-ounce serving to help you feel fuller longer, and keep your energy levels up throughout the day.
<h5>Ginger, The Nutrient Powerhouse!</h5>
Ginger has been used for thousands of years and for good reason. This spice is loaded with nutrients and compounds that have awesome benefits for our bodies and minds. It is high in gingerol, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Ginger has been shown to lower blood sugar levels and improve various heart disease risk factors in patients with type 2 diabetes. In some cases it has been shown to help empty the stomach and help brain function, indigestion, menstrual pain, lower cholesterol, and even fight infections!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Spicy Ginger Salmon Buddha Bowl</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 5 mins|Cook Time: 5-10 mins |Serves 4</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 2 4 oz salmon fillets
* 4 cups romaine lettuce
* 2 Tablespoons coconut aminos
* 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
* 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
* 1 Teaspoon sesame oil
* 2 teaspoons grated ginger
* 2 cloves garlic (finely minced)
* ½ teaspoon salt
* ¼ teaspoon red pepper flake
* 1-2 teaspoon swerve
* Red cabbage
* Bell pepper
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Place marinade ingredients in a small bowl or zip lock bag. Add salmon and marinade for up to 1 hour in the fridge.
2. Preheat a large skillet and coat with non-stick spray or butter, then set to medium high heat.
3. Cook salmon on each side for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and medium on the inside.
4. Remove from heat let cool.
5. Cut into desired size pieces. Assemble bowls by adding lettuce, veggies and salmon.
6. Add toppings of your choice and enjoy!