We are all about the basics! From a basic recipe you can create a masterpiece and this recipe is a perfect example. This day and age we are often busy with work, kids, activities and so on, so easier, and less complicated meals are always a win win! This is a basic pot roast recipe which is perfect for the cold weather and is low carb! Full of delicious beefy flavor and is a perfect make ahead meal when you are short on time.. We hope you enjoy!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Beef Beef Beef...</p></h4>
Beef chuck, also known as pot roast or under blade steak, is a tender and flavorful cut from the shoulder of the steer. You can braise it to retain the moisture during cooking without adding fat and cook it in a variety of ways, but we love it in the slow cooker! Beef chuck is a great source of a variety of essential nutrients including Potassium, Zinc, Vitamin B-12 and Iron. It is naturally low in calories especially if it is a lean cut.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Surprising health benefits of Onions</p></h4>
Onions are used in dishes quite regularly transforming them into flavorful cuisines with their robust flavor and aroma. The nutritional side of onions is quite amazing. Onions have antihistamine effects due to quercetin, an antioxidant that acts like an antihistamine and an anti-inflammatory agent. They have been shown to help reduce cancer risk when combined with turmeric, lower glucose levels, heart disease and even tooth decay.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Low Carb Slow Cooker Pot Roast</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 8 Hours 45 Minutes | Serves: 12<h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 3 pounds boneless chuck roast
* 4 stalks celery sliced on a diagonal
* 1 onion peeled and quartered
* 2 ½ teaspoons salt
* 1 teaspoon pepper
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* ½ cup red wine or beef broth
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Mix the salt, pepper, and garlic powder and rub it all over the meat.
2. Heat up a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy pan until it shimmers.
3. Sear the meat on all sides in the oil.
4. Add the meat, vegetables, and wine or beef broth to a slow cooker.
5. Cover. Cook on low for 8 hours.
6. Shred with 2 forks and allow to cook 30 more minutes.
7. Eat as desired.