Simple yet satisfying... With only a few ingredients, egg salad is a quick and simple dish to make, but if you are looking for a little extra flavor, there are plenty of ways to spice it up! Whether you are using it as an appetizer for guests, or a protein-packed lunch option, this low carb egg salad has a delicious creamy flavor that you won’t be able to get enough of...
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Incredible Edible Egg</p></h4>
Eggs are known for their omega-3 content which helps improve cardiovascular health and reduce the risk of heart disease. Free-range chickens produce much higher quality eggs containing almost double the omega-3 nutrient as caged chickens. Another nutrient found within eggs is choline. This is essential for the health of our brains because it helps to maintain cell membrane structure and plays a vital role in how our brain cells communicate with one another.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Fresh is Always Best</p></h4>
Fresh Parsley contains a range of antioxidants including lycopene, beta carotene, and alpha carotene. Antioxidants help to slow the aging process by fighting free radical damage, or oxidative stress, along with inflammation within the body. This is important because free radical formation is known to contribute to almost every age-related disease, including cancer, heart disease, neurodegenerative diseases, and eye disorders.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Simple Egg Salad</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 15 mins: | Cook Time: 15 mins | Serves: 2</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 1 Avocado
* 6 Eggs
* ⅓ Cup Mayonnaise
* 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
* Splash of lemon juice (to prevent avocado browning)
* ⅛ teaspoon Dill
* ½ tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
* Salt and pepper, to taste
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. In a medium pot over high heat, bring water up to a vigorous boil.
2. Carefully drop eggs in the water and cook for 10-12 minutes.
3. Drain water and allow eggs to cool slightly.
4. Run under cold water and remove shells.
5. Chop the eggs into small pieces, sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.
6. In a small bowl mash avocado and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise, eggs, mashed avocado, mustard, lemon juice, and herbs.
8. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and serve!