Cooking with fresh herbs is a great way to add a punch to any keto meal! You can mix up any basic meat with fresh herbs, and they add essential flavor to homemade dressings. This salad is jam packed with flavor and makes for a great easy lunch or dinner.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">The Delicious Benefits of Rosemary</p></h4>
Rosemary is not only a tasty additive to spice up a basic dish, it’s also packing in great benefits! Like other herbs in the mint family like lavender, thyme and basil, it’s fragrant and has been used for centuries medicinally.
It can help improve memory, boost your immune system and lessen muscle pain. It also has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that make it more than just a delicious herb.
Rosemary comes from the Mediterranean region, and ancient Greeks even used it to stimulate the brain and help with memory!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Keto Salad Dressings</p></h4>
Making your own salad dressings on keto is the way to go so you don’t knock yourself out of ketosis. Typical dressings can be packed with sugar and hidden carbs, so by making it yourself you can have total control over it –– and it’s even tastier!
Apple cider vinegar makes an amazing base for many dressings, and it comes with a laundry list of benefits. It’s full of friendly bacteria and enzymes that can fight bad bacteria, help you lose weight, increase fullness and helps with any number of ailments from sore throats to nausea.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Rosemary Chicken Salad with Herb Vinaigrette</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Serves: 6</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
* ½ cup avocado oil
* ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
* ¼ tsp minced garlic
* 4 chicken breasts
* 6 cups salad mix of choice
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
* 1 medium avocado, sliced
* 3 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Combine half of the chopped rosemary, oil, vinegar and garlic in a bowl or lidded jar. Stir or shake vigorously to combine vinaigrette.
2. Season the chicken with the remaining rosemary, salt and pepper.
3. Heat a skillet to medium heat and cook the chicken, 10 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
4. Assemble the salad with optional toppings, slice the chicken and drizzle with vinaigrette.