Finding alternative ways to satisfy our cravings can be a daunting task! Luckily, there is almost always an alternative and when it comes to bread this recipe will knock your socks off! You can add and switch ingredients to your liking while having the perfect base.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Almond Flour is the Way to Go</p></h4>
The awesome thing about almond flour is that it’s simply ground-up almonds so it gives you all of the original almond’s health benefits. It’s super versatile and can be used in all kinds of baked foods. The high-fat, low-carb nutrition profile of almond flour makes it an ideal choice for a keto diet. Packed with insulin-regulating fiber, almond flour helps keep your energy levels and focus optimized without the blood-sugar spike (and crash) of high-glycemic flours. In fact, almonds have been shown to lower blood sugar and improve glycemic control, possibly thanks to high levels of magnesium, which boosts insulin-sensitivity. On top of adding a helpful dose of protein to your baked goods, almond flour packs in antioxidants and trace minerals like iron, manganese and copper. It’s also an excellent source of riboflavin (vitamin B2) and vitamin E, essential vitamins for healthy skin, immune function, energy production and preventing oxidative stress!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Eat More Cheese</p></h4>
First originating in Naples Italy, Mozzarella dates all the way back to the 16th century! It is one of the most popular cheeses and for good reason! With a smooth, creamy texture it is a perfect addition to all types of dishes with how easy it is to work with. Mozzarella is actually quite nutritious containing vitamin B7, vitamin B2, vitamin D, E, A, niacin and packed full of calcium. This velvety smooth cheese also contains phosphorus, a mineral that allows the body to use the aforementioned calcium. As if that’s not enough, potassium, chloride, iron and sodium are also found in mozzarella.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Plain Fathead Dough Bagel</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Serves: 6</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* ¾ cup almond flour
* ⅞ cup pre-grated mozzarella cheese
* 2 tablespoons cream cheese full fat
* 1 medium egg
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* Pinch of salt
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Mix the grated cheese, almond flour and cream cheese in a saucepan. Heat on low, stir once or twice until melted.
2. Once melted together and thoroughly combined, transfer wet ingredients to a mixing bowl.
3. Add the egg, baking powder, salt, and any other flavorings, mix gently.
4. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Roll into balls then into cylinder shapes.
5. Fold the ends of the cylinder shapes in a circle and squeeze the two ends together to form a bagel shape. Cover your hands in avocado oil if the dough is too sticky to work with!
6. Place on a baking tray and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 400℉ for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.