With Valentine's Day fast approaching, here is a perfect recipe to treat your loved one with! No this is not a dream, whip this up for two and there’s no need to go out! You can indulge in a chocolate molten lava cake sugar free!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Who Said Chocolate Can’t Be Good For You</p></h4>
There is a way to satisfy those chocolate cravings while improving your overall health. Introducing cocoa powder, the answer to all of our problems! Cocoa powders fiber content is incredible, with up to two grams per tablespoon. Cocoa powder is a very simple (and delicious) way to get more fiber in your body with a very small amount of calories. This magical powder contains minerals such as iron and manganese. Iron is important for carrying oxygen in the body, making red blood cells, and supporting the immune system. Manganese is part of an enzyme that forms cartilage and bones, metabolizes nutrients, and acts as an antioxidant throughout the body. We can all use a little extra magic!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Benefits Beyond Belief</p></h4>
Vanilla extract is a must have in any cooks kitchen! When you hear vanilla extract you must think, “mmm dessert”, but there is a lot more to this little extract that you wouldn’t believe. Vanilla extract is actually a powerful antioxidant. The compound vanillin helps to scavenge and bind free radicals drastically reducing their numbers, making it a major antioxidant powerhouse. Vanilla is a good source of B-vitamins like niacin, thiamin and Vitamin B6 which play an important role in the maintenance of healthy skin. The antioxidant properties of vanilla protect your skin from damage caused by environmental pollutants and toxins.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Keto Molten Lava Cake</p></h4>
<h5>Prep TIme: 5 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Serves: 1 </h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
* 1-2 tablespoon monkfruit sweetener
* 1 medium egg
* 1 tablespoon heavy cream
* ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
* ¼ teaspoon baking powder
* 1 pinch salt
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Combine your monkfruit sweetener and cocoa powder and whisk to remove any clumps. This will make the consistency of the cake much smoother.
2. In a different bowl, beat your egg until a little fluffy. Since your lava cake is flourless, you need the aeration of the beaten egg to help coax the cake to rise.
3. Then add your egg, heavy cream and vanilla extract to the monkfruit and cocoa mixture. Then add your salt and baking powder.
4. Spray a little cooking oil into the mug, pour your batter in (ours are ceramic, you can also use ramekins) and put it to bake for about 10-15 minutes at 350° F. Do not overcook the cake or it will not flow lava! The top of the cake should be set but pretty jiggly.
5. Enjoy right out of the mug or place onto a plate upside down once mug is cool enough to handle. Enjoy!