No need to go out for Mexican food, these burrito bowls are a perfect meal prep for the week and are packed with protein! With only a few ingredients needed, these are completely customizable to add in your favorite flavors and other keto friendly ingredients.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Avocado, A South American Fruit</p></h4>
Yes! Avocados are a fruit and have a wealth of nutritional benefits. The versatile avocado is the only fruit that provides a substantial amount of healthy monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA). They are naturally nutrient-dense food and contain nearly 20 vitamins and minerals. Avocados are a great source of vitamins C, E, K, and B-6, as well as riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and potassium. They also provide lutein, beta-carotene, and omega-3 fatty acids.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Plain Greek Yogurt, the Wise Choice</p></h4>
Plain Greek yogurt is nutrient-packed and has many health benefits. Plain Greek Yogurt is lower in sugar than regular yogurt and by removing the whey produces a thicker, creamier yogurt with a tart taste. Rich in calcium and protein, greek yogurt is excellent for your bones and aids in reducing the risk of osteoporosis. On top of all that Greek Yogurt also contains probiotics, which are good bacteria that aid in gut health and help restore balance in your tummy.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Low Carb Chicken Burrito Bowls</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 5 minutes | Serves: 5</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 2 ½ cups shredded chicken
* 3 bell peppers
* 1 medium onion
* 1 lime
* 2 avocados
* 25 cherry tomatoes
* 5 pepper jack cheese sticks
* 1 ¼ cups plain greek yogurt
* 1 ¼ cup salsa
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Chop bell peppers, onion, and avocados into bite-size portions. Halve the cherry tomatoes.
2. Squeeze lime juice over the chopped avocado.
3. Divide the ingredients among 5 (about 3 cups) rectangle glass
4. Place the chicken, peppers, onion, avocado, tomatoes, and pepper jack cheese next to each other in the containers.
5. Add 1⁄4 cup greek yogurt and 1⁄4 salsa on top of the chicken in each container.
6. Place the lids on and store in the refrigerator up to 5 days.