As the rains continue, most of us are in comfort food mode. And, low carb comfort food often means cauliflower is involved! Loaded Cauliflower Casserole is unbelievably tasty and full of fantastic flavor! With only seven grams of carbs what’s not to love.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Get Your Chive On</p></h4>
Chives are the smallest member of the onion family, having a mild and almost sweet flavor they are an excellent addition to any meal. Chives, on top of being delicious, are nutritious to boot! The unique organic compounds found in chives deliver similar benefits to the body as garlic, and can effectively ease digestive discomfort and have natural antibacterial qualities that can eliminate a wide range of bacteria. Along with treating digestive issues, chives are great for improving bone health. They contain Vitamin K which is vital for maintaining bone mineral density and bone integrity especially as we age.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Simple Yet Nutritious</p></h4>
Not only does sour cream taste great, but there are many advantages of having it in your diet. It is rich in vital nutrients which play a direct role in keeping our bones strong, helping our eyesight and fighting free radicals. Phosphorus, in particular, plays a vital role in strengthening our bones and maintaining dental health. Last but certainly not least, Riboflavin, it has antioxidant properties and helps fight free radical damage in the body and it just so happens sour cream contains about 11.5% of our recommended daily amount.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Loaded Cauliflower Casserole</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 30 | Serves: 8</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 8 slices of bacon
* 1 large head cauliflower
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
* 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 cup shredded colby & monterey jack cheese
* 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
* 6 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Preheat oven to 370℉. Spray an 11×7 (you can also use 13×9) baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Fry bacon in a large skillet until crispy and crumble. Set aside.
3. Cut cauliflower into small bite-size pieces.
4. Steam cauliflower until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Combine your sour cream, mayonnaise, ranch seasoning, black pepper in a large bowl.
6. Add the steamed cauliflower florets, 1/2 of the bacon, 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, and 3 tablespoons chives; mix well. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish and top with your colby & monterey jack cheese and the other half of the bacon.
7. Cover dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5-10 minutes or just until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown. Garnish casserole with remaining chives.