Your first instinct on the keto diet might be to reach for grass-fed burgers or chicken, but turkey burgers are also a tasty option! This protein-filled meal has a ton of flavor and even a little chipotle kick.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Why You Should Eat Turkey</p></h4>
Grass-fed ground beef is a great choice for keto burgers, but ground turkey is also a delicious option! Turkey is high in protein and sometimes easier to work with than other meats because the taste is more mild, making it perfect for absorbing the zesty chipotle lime flavors in this dish. Aim for turkey with a high fat content!
It’s full of vitamins like B-6 and B-12, and selenium. Selenium helps you keep a healthy immune system and cognitive function. It also helps with thyroid function, which is responsible for metabolism and appetite.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Lettuce Wrapped Chipotle Lime Turkey Burgers</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time 5 minutes | cook time 6-10 minutes | makes: 4 burgers</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* ½ cup cilantro (chopped)
* 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey meat 1 teaspoon lime zest
* 1 teaspoon lime juice
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (finely chopped)
* Salt and pepper to taste
* Lettuce cups
* Sliced tomato
* Red onion
* 1 large avocado
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Combine chopped chipotle, salt, pepper, lime juice and zest, cilantro, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Stir well.
2. Add ground turkey and using your hands, mix until ingredients are well combined. Divide ground meat mixture into equal portions.
3. Turn on grill or grill pan. Cook burgers on each side for 3-5 minutes or until cooked through.
4. Assemble burgers by adding desired toppings and enjoy!