Looking for a healthier way to satisfy that craving for both breakfast and mexican food? Then you’re going to flip for this taco breakfast skillet recipe. Loaded with protein and tantalizing mexican flavors, get ready! It’s about to be a hit that your family will ask for every weekend.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Small But Mighty</p></h4>
Olives are delicious, nutritious, and most wouldn’t even guess the benefits they contain! Black olives in particular are rich in fatty acids and antioxidants that nourish, hydrate, and protect. Chief among those is vitamin E. Whether applied topically or ingested, vitamin E protects skin from ultraviolet radiation—guarding against skin cancer and premature aging. Black olives are very high in iron. The ability of red blood cells to carry oxygen throughout the body is due to the presence of iron in the blood. If we suffer from a lack of iron, our tissues don't get enough oxygen, and we may feel cold or weak. Iron also plays a vital role in the production of energy.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Go For The Onion!</p></h4>
The defense mechanism of our body is our immune system. A healthy immune system will ensure we do not contract diseases caused by bacteria, fungus, and viral infections. Nature has many natural ways to help prevent free radicals from affecting our body. Onions are one of these natural ways to build a stronger immunity. The vitamin C present in onions is the reason they might protect us from many diseases. The phytonutrients in onions help the antioxidant properties of the vegetable to take full effect. Onions contain phytonutrients, such as quercetin and other flavonoids, that help fight the free radicals. Sulfur-compounds found in onions are also helpful in fighting the effects of cancer.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Keto Taco Breakfast Skillet</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Serves: 6</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 1 pound ground bison
* 4 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
* ⅔ cup water
* 10 large eggs
* 1 ½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
* ¼ cup heavy cream
* 1 roma tomato
* 1 medium avocado
* ¼ cup sliced black olives
* 2 green onions
* ¼ cup sour cream
* ¼ cup salsa
* 1 jalapeno, (optional)
* 2 tablespoons torn fresh cilantro (optional)
* Lime for garnish (optional)
* 1-2 cloves garlic (optional)
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Chop the tomato, avocado, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro (if using).
2. Brown the ground bison in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain any excess fat.
3. Combine the taco seasoning and water with the cooked bison. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer until the sauce has thickened and coats the meat. About 5 minutes.
4. Remove half of the seasoned bison from the skillet and set aside.
5. Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk. Add 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, and the heavy cream to the eggs and whisk to combine.
6. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
7. Pour the egg mixture over top of the meat retained in the skillet and stir to mix the meat into the eggs. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the egg bake is cooked all the way through and fluffy.
8. Top with remaining ground bison, ½ cup of cheddar cheese, tomato, avocado, olives, green onion, sour cream, and salsa.
9. Garnish with jalapeno and cilantro, if desired.