When your go-to low carb breakfast of coffee and eggs won’t do the trick, and you need something on the sweet side, this stack of keto friendly pancakes will be a perfect choice! Traditional pancakes are loaded with carbs that will boot you out of ketosis, but this recipe is low carb, and packs a protein punch to get your day started on the right track!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Protein Packed</p></h4>
These little stacks are packed with protein from the cream cheese to the eggs and even almond flour! Using cream cheese in these keto pancakes will also provide extra protein, vitamins, nutrients, and of course healthy fats to help fuel your energy throughout the day. Cream cheese is rich in protein which is one of the most important building blocks of your body. It provides you with essential amino acids and is required to build and maintain lean muscle mass. Also, eating adequate amounts of protein will help to keep you full throughout the day. Cream cheese is also wonderful because it can be used in both savory and sweet keto recipes like this one!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Nutrient Rich Nuts</p></h4>
Health-wise, almond flour is a good bang for your buck and a great alternative for a ketogenic diet. This flour is high in protein with a ¼ cup serving containing 6 grams of protein, and the best part is it’s low in carbohydrates containing only 6 grams per serving! One of the best reasons to eat almonds on a keto diet is they contain a great combo of macronutrients, vitamins, and minerals. Together, these compounds give your body sustained energy and help keep you feeling fuller longer.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Keto Pancakes</p></h4>
<h5>Prep TIme: 5 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Serves: 20 Pancakes</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 8 ounces cream cheese
* 8 large eggs
* 4 tablespoons grass-fed butter
* ½ cup almond flour or keto protein powder
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* Sugar-free maple syrup of choice for topping
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Set out butter and cream cheese so they are at room temperature.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese, butter and eggs.
3. Add the vanilla extract and mix again.
4. Add the almond flour to the wet ingredient mixture and mix until fully combined.
5. Heat a skillet on medium heat, melt a small amount of butter prior to pouring in the batter.
6. Take a ¼ measuring cup, filling it about 80% full, then pour in the pancake batter and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.