A ketogenic twist on a classic favorite! This 30-minute meal has hearty and robust flavors that will have your family begging for seconds! This is comfort food at it’s finest without being loaded down with carbs which is a WIN in our book!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Magical Benefits of Onions</p></h4>
Onions are typically used to enhance the flavor of a dish, but did you know they have some remarkable health benefits? Onion is known to lower the production of LDL (bad cholesterol) and keep your heart healthy. Vitamin C (which remains intact while they are in the raw form) along with the phytochemicals present in them helps build immunity. Quercetin, a powerful compound found has been suggested to play a role in preventing cancer, especially stomach and colorectal cancers. Chromium, which helps regulate blood sugar. Folate which aids with depression is present as well as containing antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Parsley is Much More Than an Herb</p></h4>
Parsley, most commonly seen as a garnish, is a tasty little herb that does a lot more than just dress up a plate. Apigenin, a chemical compound found in parsley is known to help inhibit breast cancer cell growth and fight off inflammation.
Fun Fact: Did you know that parsley helps make grilling safer?? When proteins are cooked at high temperatures a compound called Heterocyclic amines which are cancer-causing can be formed and parsley helps combat this! Pretty amazing stuff!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Keto Beef Stroganoff Meatballs</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 10 | Cook Time: 30 | Serves: 4</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
**FOR THE MEATBALL MIX:**
* 1 lb grass fed ground beef (80/20)
* 1 egg
* ¼ cup almond flour
* 1 teaspoon sea salt
* ¼ teaspoon black pepper
* ½ teaspoon garlic powder
* ½ teaspoon onion powder
* 1 teaspoon dried parsley
* 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
* 2 tablespoon butter (for frying)
**FOR THE SAUCE:**
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 2 cups cremini mushrooms
* 1 cup onions
* 1 clove garlic
* 1 ½ cups beef broth
* ¾ cup sour cream
* ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
* salt and pepper to taste
* 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Combine the meatball ingredients (except the butter) in a medium bowl and mix well.
2. Form into 12 meatballs.
3. Heat the 2 Tbsp of butter in a large, nonstick saute pan.
4. Cook the meatballs on medium heat in the butter until browned on all sides and cooked through (2-3 minutes per side.)
5. Remove the meatballs from the pan and set aside.
6. Add the 1 tablespoon of butter and the 2 cups of sliced mushrooms to the pan.
7. Cook until the mushrooms are golden and fragrant (4-5 minutes.)
8. Remove the mushrooms from the pan.
9. Add the onions and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened and translucent
10. Remove the onions from the pan.
11. Add the beef broth to your pan and scrape the bottom to get all the bits off.
12. Whisk in your sour cream and xanthan gum until smooth.
13. Add the meatballs, mushrooms, onions, and garlic back to the pan and stir.
14. Simmer on low for 20 minutes.
15. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
16. Garnish with the fresh parsley right before serving.