When following a ketogenic diet, most of the recipes you find will be pretty simple and have ingredients that are easily swapped with a low carb, sugar-free option. But what about condiments? Many of the condiments used in recipes have hidden sugars that make them a no go on keto. So what do you do? Making sauces and condiments at home is a simple option that allows you to control the ingredients you are using and make you own keto friendly version.
This easy sweet chili sauce is the perfect balance of spicy and sweet and can be used as an addition to a recipe or as a tasty dipping sauce!
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Keto Thai Sweet Chili Sauce</p></h5>
<h5>Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 7 minutes | Makes: about 1 cup</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 1/2 cup rice vinegar
* 1/4 cup water
* 1/4 cup monkfruit sweetener
* 3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
* 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
* 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
* 1 teaspoon sriracha
* 1 teaspoon fish sauce
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Add all ingredients except xanthan gum in a saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
3. Let the mixture boil for about 5 minutes, allow some of the water to reduce.
4. Turn off the stove and whisk in xanthan gum, half a teaspoon at a time (you may need an additional teaspoon to reach the consistency you desire); whisk vigorously until sauce has reached desired thickness.
5. Use immediately or store in an airtight container for future use.