Looking for a refreshing, light keto friendly soup that is full of hearty tender chicken in a delightful lemony broth? Here it is! This recipe is PURE COMFORT in a bowl and oh so simple to make with aromatic herbs and a twist of egg and kale. Don’t be fooled, the combination is amazing and will leave your tastebuds yearning for more!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Why Kale?...</p></h4>
A member of the illustrious group of cancer-fighting cruciferous vegetables, kale is quickly gaining popularity for its superfood benefits. Cruciferous vegetables are rich in glucosinolates, and include benefits such as being anti-inflammatory, contain antibacterial and antiviral properties, inactivate carcinogens, reprogram cancer cells to die off and even prevent tumor formation and metastasis.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Cauliflower Rice is the way to go!</p></h4>
Cauliflower is an extremely healthy vegetable that's a significant source of nutrients. It contains unique plant compounds that may reduce the risk of several diseases, including heart disease and cancer. Additionally, it's weight loss friendly and easy to add to your diet. Cauliflower is very low in calories and high in vitamins, what a win! It contains fiber, vitamin c, k, and B6, folate potassium, manganese and magnesium! Who wouldn’t want a vegetable high in antioxidants that can be eaten in so many different ways?!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Greek Lemon Chicken Soup</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Serves: 4</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* ½ yellow onion
* 2 cups cauliflower rice
* 6 cups chicken broth
* 14 oz shredded chicken
* 1 teaspoon dried dill
* 2 tablespoon fresh parsley (reserve some for topping)
* 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
* 3 egg yolks
* ½ cup lemon juice
* 1 cup kale
* Lemon wedges and lemon zest to serve
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Shred pre-cooked chicken and chop the onion and kale.
2. Using a large stockpot, heat the oil on medium-low heat.
3. Saute the onions on low heat for 3-4 minutes or until lightly translucent. Add the cauliflower rice and saute for an additional 5 minutes or until slightly softened.
4. Pour in the broth, and herbs and stir well to combine. Simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
5. Spoon out about 1 cup of hot broth and set aside. In a small bowl whisk together the egg yolks until fully scrambled. Slowly pour the cup of hot broth into the egg mixture while continuing to whisk. This will gently cook the egg yolks. Pour the yolk mixture into the rest of the soup and stir.
6. Add the shredded cooked chicken and lemon juice to the soup, stir to combine, and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add in the kale and stir for two more minutes to wilt the kale.
7. Allow the soup to cool and season further to taste.
8. Serve with lemon wedges and fresh parsley.