Busy lives call for fast and easy meals and in as little as 15 minutes, you can create a masterpiece! This garlic-buttery treasure is one favorite you and your guests will love! Keto friendly and oh so good for you this simple dinner is bursting with flavor.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Beef, It’s Whats for Dinner</p></h4>
A great flank steak is high in nutrition and makes for a great and impressive dinner. Flank steak is made from the cow's abdominal muscles. It's one of the healthiest beef cuts—ounce for ounce and, it has fewer calories and more protein than a ribeye or porterhouse. With a wide variety of vitamins and minerals, there are many ways that flank steak is beneficial, such as high amounts of B12, to help you form blood and promote a healthy working nervous system. It also contains over 58% zinc and over 30% iron. Zinc is essential in helping the immune system fight off bacteria but it also helps the body make proteins and DNA!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">It’s all about that aroma</p></h4>
There is something irresistible about the aroma of roasted garlic. It not only tastes delicious but the benefits are many! Garlic's abilities are credited due to the presence of the compound, Allicin. Allicin which is found in fresh, crushed or chewed garlic, has anti-bacterial and antifungal properties as well as helps to cleanse your system and flush out toxins. Consuming it on a daily basis (in food or raw) helps to aid in the above abilities and keep your heart healthy, blood pressure and even blood sugars in tip-top shape! It is an excellent addition to any meal.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Garlic Butter Steak</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Serves: 4</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 1 ½ pounds flank steak
* 4 medium zucchini
* 2 tablespoons avocado oil
* 4 garlic cloves
* 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or ghee
* 1 lemon
* ¼ cup dry white wine or chicken broth
* ¼ cup chopped parsley
* ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
* ⅓ cup coconut aminos
* ¼ cup lemon juice
* ½ cup avocado oil
* 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce (or any keto friendly hot chili sauce you like)
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a Ziploc bag.
2. Place the steak into the marinade, seal and refrigerate for 30 minutes to one hour.
3. In the meantime, wash and trim the ends of the zucchini. Using a spiralizer, make the zucchini noodles, then set aside.
4. Sprinkle zucchini noodles with salt to reduce excess moisture, let sit for a few minutes prior to cooking.
5. Bring the steak to room temperature and heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Reserve the juices of the marinade for later.
6. Add the steak strips in one layer and season with salt and pepper. 7. Cook for one minute without stirring.
7. Add minced garlic, then stir the steak for another minute or two to cook the other side. Remove the steak from the skillet and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes
8. In the same skillet, add butter, lemon juice and zest, red pepper flakes, wine, and remaining marinade juices. Bring to a simmer and allow to reduce for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly.
9. Stir in the fresh parsley, then add the zucchini noodles and toss for two to three minutes until zucchini is slightly tender. Allow the cooking juices to reduce for one minute if the zucchini renders too much water. Add the steak strips back to the pan and stir for another minute.