What better way to start off a morning than with PANCAKES! Pancakes are one of our favorite breakfast treats that are fun and versatile for kids as well as the adults. This ketogenic version tastes amazing and won’t leave you feeling sluggish afterward.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">What is Psyllium Husk Powder…</p></h4>
Psyllium Husk Powder is a form of fiber made from the husks of the Plantago ovata plant’s seeds. Taking soluble fiber has shown to aid in managing cholesterol levels in many individuals. High cholesterol is an unfortunate epidemic that has plagued the US, and is often associated with those following a standard american diet. Studies have shown that adding soluble fiber in conjunction with a healthy diet, can help lower a person’s risk of heart disease and improve high cholesterol.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">What On Earth Is Monkfruit?</p></h4>
Monkfruit is a wonderful alternative to use as a sweetener in many recipes that call for sugar. Monkfruit is derived from a melon in parts of China and Thailand and has been used for centuries as a sweetener and herbal remedy. Monkfruit is popular for a few reasons including, It won’t raise your blood sugar levels, and has little to no calories in its pure powdered form, and doesn’t have a strange aftertaste like many other sugar alternatives.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Light & Fluffy Keto Pancakes</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Serves: 4 <h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 2 teaspoon psyllium husk powder
* 4 eggs separated
* 1 tablespoon monkfruit natural sweetener
* 1 cup cream cheese full fat
* ¼ teaspoon of vanilla
* pinch of salt
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Separate the eggs whites from yolk into 2 separate bowls.
2. Add the cream cheese, monkfruit Sweetener and psyllium husk powder into the bowl containing the egg yolks. Mix together with a hand mixer until you get a smooth and creamy texture.
3. Let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes to allow the psyllium husk powder to thicken the eggs. (The longer you let it sit, the thicker it will be)
4. With the bowl containing the egg whites, mix well with a hand mixer for a couple minutes, or until you get light and fluffy texture with stiff peaks.
5. Pour the whipped eggs whites in with the egg yolk mixture and use a spatula to fold. Be sure to fold the ingredients together gently and don’t over-mix (important). Heat a large skillet on low heat and coat with cooking spray (or butter if you prefer).
6. Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the skillet and allow to cook for about 4-5 minutes then flip with a spatula and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Repeat this process for each pancake.
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Recipe Notes:</p></h5>
To ensure the fluffiness of the pancakes, it's essential to use psyllium husk powder, not flakes.