Lettuce wraps are the perfect keto meal because they’re low carb and totally versatile! These are perfect for an easy weekday lunch or makes for a light, flavorful dinner.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">The Amazing Benefits in your Curry Powder</p></h4>
Typically, curry powder is a mix of spices including ground ginger, pepper, chili and coriander, but the real magic is in the turmeric. Turmeric gives curries their yellow color, but it also gives YOU amazing health benefits.
Turmeric has been used medicinally in India and for years for its health benefits. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. Even better, it can help keep your brain sharp, protect your liver and help with pain relief. The key is in curcumin, which is the active ingredient in turmeric that makes all these things happen!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">What’s the Deal with Cauliflower Rice?</p></h4>
The great thing about the ketogenic diet is there are plenty of alternatives for all kinds of carb-heavy foods, that taste just as good! Cauliflower rice is a great swap for any recipe that calls for rice because it’s easy to cook and will take on whatever flavor you add to it.
Cauliflower is absolutely packed with nutrients and vitamins –– pretty much every single one your body needs! Just one cup of cauliflower contains 10% of your daily fiber needs, which promotes healthy digestion. It also has antioxidant properties, which makes this meal a powerhouse for fighting inflammation.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Curry Chicken Lettuce Wraps</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Serves: 2</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
* ¼ cup minced onion
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 2 teaspoon Curry Powder
* 1 teaspoon paprika
* 1 ½ salt
* 1 teaspoon black pepper
* 3 tablespoons grass-fed butter
* 1 cup cauliflower rice
* 6-8 small lettuce leaves
* ¼ cup sour cream
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Prepare the vegetables and set aside.
2. Cut chicken thighs into 1 inch pieces.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and the onion. Stir until onions are translucent.
4. Add chicken, garlic and salt. Stir well.
5. Cook the chicken, stirring often until browned, about 8 minutes.
6. Add the third tablespoon of butter, curry powder, paprika and cauliflower rice. 7. Stir until well combined.
8. Lay out the lettuce leaves and spoon the curry chicken mix into each one.
9. Top with a dollop of cream, serve and enjoy!