These irresistibly cheesy taco shells deliver a crunch straight from keto heaven. With only 1 ingredient and ready in under 30 minutes, these are about to become your family’s go-to for taco night. Fill the crisp, tasty shells with your favorites toppings to take your meal from ordinary to extraordinary.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">More Cheddar is Better</p></h4>
Not only does cheese taste great, it’s also good for your body. Eating 1.5 ounces of delicious cheddar cheese—equal to 1 cup of dairy— makes up one-third of the recommended dairy consumption per day for adults.
Dairy products, such as cheese, come loaded with essential nutrients. They contain protein, calcium, vitamin D, and potassium. Consuming enough of these nutrients in your diet helps lower your risk of serious health conditions. The big ones being osteoporosis, diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure.
Cheddar cheese itself contains a high concentration of those essential nutrients. Packed with high-quality protein and calcium, both of which are great for your health. The protein found in cheddar cheese is a complete protein. That means it provides all the essential amino acids your body needs. Protein is also very filling—helping you stay fuller longer during the day.
While it can’t compare to leafy greens, meat, and fish, cheddar still ranks high in terms of nutrient density. It is rich in micronutrients and boasts high amounts of minerals. Among these are vitamins A, B2, B12, calcium, phosphorus, selenium, and zinc.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Crispy Cheese Taco Shells</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Serves: 6</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 9 ounces pre-shredded cheddar cheese (from a bag)
* Parchment Paper (It’s very important you use parchment paper not wax paper)
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Preheat the oven to 375℉. Position one rack in the upper third of the oven, and the other rack in the lower third. Line two large jelly roll pans with parchment paper. Trace 6-inch circles on your parchment paper, three circles per sheet. Flip the parchment over so you can still see the tracing, but it won’t touch your food.
2. Measure ⅓ cup of shredded cheese per circle and spread evenly.
3. Bake for 5 minutes. Then swap the pans, placing the one that was on the lower rack onto the higher rack and vice versa. Bake another 5-10 minutes or until little holes have appeared in the surface and the edges begin to brown.
4. Remove from the oven and let cool for just a second before taking them off the pan. Drape the cheese over the handles of wooden spoons (or spatulas) suspended by glasses to shape the taco shells. Or if you have one, use a wire taco shell holder. Alternatively, you can leave them on the sheets and cool flat for chalupa or tostada shells.
5. Cool completely before filling and eating. If not immediately serving—or if you have any leftovers— store in an airtight container.