After a long day at work, all you want when you get home is a fast, comforting meal. These easy pork chops fit the bill. They’re on the table in less than half an hour. Loaded with flavor from three different kinds of cheese—and a double dose of garlic—they’re hard to beat. Plus, the healthy fats and protein will fill you up and keep your metabolism humming.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Piggy Perfection</p></h4>
You’ve heard it called “the other white meat,” but how much do you really know about pork? Other than being delicious, pork chops are high in protein and healthy fats. Yet they’re lower in conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and richer in unsaturated fats than many other meat options. Pork is also very high in vitamins and minerals that are essential for brain and immune health, like zinc and Vitamin B12. It supports red blood cell production and boosts your metabolism with high concentrations of Vitamin B6 and niacin, too. Flavorful, affordable, and versatile—pork can be a staple for many on the keto diet.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">What a Stinker</p></h4>
Potent garlic is an amazing source of nutrients—and aromatic to boot. Sure, your date might be able to tell that you’ve had a double dose of garlic after making this recipe, but the taste and health benefits are well worth it. Fresh garlic and garlic powder are both loaded with essential nutrients like Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, iron, calcium, and magnesium. There’s also allicin, a powerful antioxidant that supports heart health. In fact, studies show that garlic may help the heart in several ways, including reducing cholesterol by up to 10 percent. It can also help lower your blood pressure by three to eight points. Eat up!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Creamy Garlic Parmesan Pork Chops</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 5 mins | Cooking Time: 20 mins| Serves: 6 </h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 6 center-cut boneless pork chops (about 1½ pounds)
* 2 large shallots, sliced thin
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* ¾ cup heavy cream
* 2 ounces garlic-and-herb cream cheese
* 1/4 cup chicken broth
* ¼ cup white wine or white wine vinegar
* 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
* ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
* 1 tablespoon Italian herb blend
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
* ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
* Salt to taste
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Heat the olive oil and add the shallots and garlic to the pan. Cook until the onions begin to soften and turn translucent, 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the pork chops and sear, about 3-5 minutes on each side.
4. Remove pork chops from skillet and set aside.
5. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the heavy cream, cream cheese, and chicken broth, stirring well to melt the cheese.
6. Alternate adding handfuls of cheese and a little of the white wine at a time to help the cheese melt thoroughly. Stir well between each addition to incorporate the cheese.
7. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook, stirring continuously, until the sauce thickens. Scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze the brown bits.
8. Add pork chops back to the pan with the sauce mixture and simmer on low for 5 minutes or until done, turning once to coat.