Only 20 minutes from start to finish, and just a few basic ingredients this creamy chicken florentine soup is sure to become your new favorite! This soup is packed with protein, and has an amazing creamy flavor will send your taste buds for a ride straight to Italy! Perfect for a weeknight dinner, or a hearty lunch, you won’t want to pass up this recipe!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Spinach the Superfood!..</p></h4>
Yes! Spinach is a superfood and packs a punch when it comes to health benefits! Dark, leafy greens like spinach are important for skin, hair, and bone health as well as improving blood glucose control in people with diabetes, lowering the risk of cancer.
Spinach is also a fantastic source of dietary magnesium, which is essential for maintaining muscle, metabolism, nerve function, a healthy immune system, and maintaining blood pressure.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Bone Broth and It’s Healing Capabilities</p></h4>
"Leaky gut syndrome" refers to the breakdown, or damage to the stomach and intestinal linings. When this happens certain foods become non-digestible and cause toxins and bacterias to "leak" into the bloodstream. Healing your gut takes time and a lot of work, but there are certain things you can do to help along the journey.
Bone broth is full of amino acids, which are essential for preventing inflammation in your digestive tract and regenerating new, healthy bacteria in the gut. Bone broth is also easily digestible making the absorption of it vitamins and minerals easy on your body.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Creamy Chicken Florentine Soup</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 15 mins | Serves: 7</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 1 tablespoon grass fed butter (olive oil or avocado oil can be used)
* 4 cloves Garlic
* ½ large Onion
* 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
* 4 cups chicken broth (or bone broth)
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 1 pound shredded chicken
* 10 oz Spinach
* 1 14-oz can artichoke hearts
* Sea salt to taste
* Black pepper to taste
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Chop garlic, onion and artichoke hearts.
2. In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic. Saute for about a minute, until fragrant.
3. Add the onions and Italian seasoning. Saute for 7-10 minutes, until slightly browned and just starting to caramelize. (You can saute for longer if you want them more caramelized.)
4. Add the chicken broth, cream, shredded chicken, and spinach. Add the chopped artichoke hearts, if using (optional). Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste, if desired.
5. Bring to a simmer, then simmer for about 5 minutes, until the spinach wilts and soup is hot.