Low-carb lifestyle keeping you from partaking in taco Tuesdays? It doesn’t have to! Swap out the carb heavy shells and stuff all your favorite taco toppings inside a refreshing lettuce leaf instead. You’re going to fall in love with these. SImple and fast to prepare, they are a great keto friendly dish the whole family will love. The result is healthy, flavor-packed tacos less the added carbs and packing plenty of protein.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Lettuce of Life</p></h4>
These lettuce wraps not only taste good, they come with some great health benefits as well! Romaine lettuce is nutrient dense, containing antioxidants and high levels of vitamin A and C—the vitamins that fight free radicals and inflammation. The antioxidants help prevent build-up in the artery walls that form plaque. Vitamin C also helps to build collagen in the skin, leading to firm, healthy skin and preventing loss in elasticity. Both of these antioxidants work together to stop cell damage that can lead to skin cancer.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Toxin Fighter and Purifier</p></h4>
Then we have cilantro! With a fresh, green hue and citrus-laced perfume it has the flavor power to instantly transport you from any humdrum day to a beach in Mexico! A small amount delivers the full daily value of vitamins A and K while also being rich in vitamin C. Cilantro supports your body’s natural detoxification processes. Compounds in cilantro leaf bind to toxic metals and loosen them from affected tissue—allowing metals to release from the body.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Chicken, Bacon, Avocado Ranch Lettuce Wraps</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Serves: 2 large wraps</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 2 chicken breasts or thighs
* ½ beefsteak tomato
* ½ avocado
* ½ pound uncured bacon
* Ranch dressing
* Head romaine lettuce
* ¼ cup chopped cilantro
* 1 lime
* Chili lime seasoning
* Salt and pepper
* Hot sauce of choice (optional)
1. Start by seasoning the chicken with chili lime seasoning (or some salt and pepper). Then grill or sauté in skillet on medium high heat.
2. Crisp your bacon on a foil lined cookie sheet at 420℉ for about 15 to 20 mins. Make sure to check the bacon at 15 mins to avoid overcooking.
3. While the bacon is cooking, dice the tomato, avocado and cilantro—keeping them separate.
4. Once the bacon is done and cool enough to handle, crumble it into a bowl and set aside.
5. When the chicken is ready, cut it up into bite-sized pieces and mix the cilantro in.
6. Squeeze the lime over the avocado, tomato, and chicken.
7. Wash the lettuce, and carefully remove each leaf so that it creates a boat, or cup to put the fillings in.
8. Now set all your ingredients out. This way everyone can build their own lettuce wraps!
9. Take a lettuce leaf, fill it with bacon, avocado, tomato, and chicken. Then drizzle with ranch. Top with hot sauce if desired.
10. Eat it with your hands, like a taco, and enjoy!