Who needs takeout when you can whip up some mouthwatering stir fry right at home! In less than 30 minutes you can create your own masterpiece and mix and match your favorite ingredients to put your own spin on it. Take outcomes at a price because often times there are hidden ingredients that you might not be aware of, many of which are terrible for you. But, this delicious Beef and Cabbage Stir fry is full of healthy fulfilling ingredients that will impress everyone at the table!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Got Cabbage?</p></h4>
Cabbage isn’t always the first item we think of that is high in beneficial vitamins and minerals but in fact, it is loaded with them! Rich in vitamin B6 and folate, both of which are essential for many important functions in the body, including energy metabolism and the normal functioning of the nervous system. In addition, cabbage is high in fiber and contains powerful antioxidants, including polyphenols and sulfur compounds.
We all know the importance of antioxidants and their powerful ability to protect the body from damage caused by free radicals, so add some cabbage to your diet and give your body an extra boost!.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ginger Root, The Superfood</p></h4>
Ginger is rich in antioxidants and compounds that help our body and brain. Ginger has shown to enhance brain function by improving reaction time and boosting memory. On top of having these amazing benefits for our mind, Ginger has been shown to improve blood pressure by helping to expand your blood vessels. This is helpful for increasing circulation in the body, which reduces the overall blood pressure throughout the body. A little goes a long way with ginger so it doesn’t take much to make a big difference when adding it to your meals or even drinks!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Beef and Cabbage Stir Fry</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Serves: 4</h5>
* 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
* 1 tablespoon avocado oil
* ½ - 1 tablespoon sriracha
* ½ tablespoon monkfruit sweetener
* ½ head cabbage
* 3 green onions
* ½ tablespoon avocado oil
* ½ pound lean grass fed ground beef
* 2 cloves garlic
* 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
* Pinch of salt and pepper
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Prepare the stir fry sauce first. In a small bowl stir together the soy sauce, avocado oil, sriracha, and monkfruit sweetener. Set the sauce aside.
2. Shred the vegetables so they are ready to go when you need them.
3. Cut one small cabbage in half, remove the core, and then finely chop the leaves of one half the cabbage (46 cups once shredded or chopped). Slice three green onions. Peel a knob of ginger using either a vegetable peeler or by scraping with the side of a spoon, then grate it using a smallholed cheese grater.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot add the cooking oil, ground beef, garlic, ginger, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook the beef until browned (about five minutes).
5. Add the cabbage to the skillet and continue to stir and cook until the cabbage is slightly wilted (or fully wilted, if you prefer). Stir in the prepared sauce and the green onions.