Whether you're a diehard football fan or you're just there for the food and commercials, this recipe will score big time. Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers are an appetizer that everyone can enjoy without worrying about those pesky carbs on game day! This easy recipe combines creamy cheeses, spicy jalapenos and crispy bacon for classic baked jalapeno poppers that are irresistible!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Spice It Up</p></h4>
You know that fire you feel when you bite into a jalapeno? That's responsible for some of the pepper's health benefits. That heat comes from a chemical called capsaicin, which has been linked to natural pain-relieving properties. Some preliminary studies show that capsaicin might also make food more filling. So loading up your meals with a low-cal spicy food like jalapenos may make it easier to meet your weight loss goals! Adding jalapenos to your meals is also an easy and delicious way to add more vitamin A to your diet. Vitamin A plays an important role in your immune system, so getting enough of this nutrient helps your body effectively fight off germs and other pathogens.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Tasty Tomatillos</p></h4>
Tomatillos pack a nutritional punch when it comes to dietary fiber, potassium, and manganese. They contain 20 percent of the daily recommended value in vitamin C, 13 percent of the vitamin K and quite a few more benefits. A recently-discovered set of naturally occurring phytochemical compounds called withanolides is one of the compounds in tomatillos found to be not only antibacterial but also a natural cancer fighter! The vitamin C found in tomatillos help to boost the immune system by stimulating the production of white blood cells, the body’s primary line of defense against foreign agents and pathogens.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time 18 mins | Serves: 18</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 9 jalapeno peppers
* 8 ounces cream cheese
* ¼ cup salsa verde
* ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
* 9 slices organic bacon cut in half
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Cut the jalapenos in half and remove all of the seeds.
2. Combine the softened cream cheese, salsa verde and shredded cheddar in a small bowl.
3. Once combined, add to a pastry bag or a sturdy 1-quart ziplock bag and cut off one corner so you can fill the jalapenos.
4. Carefully fill the peppers with cheese mixture making sure it is not overflowing. Once you have filled the peppers, set aside.
5. Saute the bacon in a skillet for a few minutes until it’s starting to brown a little but is still soft and pliable.
6. Let bacon cool and then wrap each jalapeno half in one piece of bacon. Secure with a toothpick if needed.
7. Place on a foil-lined a cookie sheet (with sides) and bake in a preheated 400℉ oven for 15 minutes.
8. If peppers on not as crispy as desired, set the oven to broil and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, watching carefully to make sure they don’t burn!
9. Remove the jalapeno poppers from the oven and allow to cool slightly before eating.