Breakfast—the delicious, nutritious, first meal of the day! Enjoy this heart-healthy, flavor filled, easy to throw together meal in under 35 minutes! Perfect for on the go and packed with healthy fats and protein, these little cups will be your new keto go to!
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Eggstatic for Eggs!</p></h4>
What came first, the chicken or the egg? We may never know but what we do know is that eggs are a great addition to our diets! Eating eggs leads to elevated levels of HDL (high-density lipoprotein), also known as the “good” cholesterol. People with higher HDL levels have a lower risk of heart disease, stroke, and other health issues. As we age, it becomes even more crucial to take care of our eyes. Eggs are high in vitamin A, one of the most beneficial vitamins for eye health. Egg yolks also contain large amounts of lutein and zeaxanthin. Both are helpful antioxidants that reduce the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration in the eyes.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Don’t Go Bacon My Heart</p></h4>
Is there anything more satisfying, alluring, or mouth-watering than bacon? Not in our book! Where there is bacon, there is endless possibility. It can perk up any dish, and it even has the power to put a smile on those who don’t identify as morning people! Besides flavor, it is chock-full of essential B vitamins that are vital for our immune systems and general health. Bacon also contains choline, which is excellent for the heart and brain. Choline helps reduce the rate of memory loss. Meaning it works well in the treatment of Alzheimer’s and other dementia diseases.
<h4><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Bacon and Egg Cups</p></h4>
<h5>Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Serves: 12</h5>
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Ingredients:</p></h5>
* 12 eggs
* 12 pieces uncured natural bacon
* 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese (or cheese of choice)
* 1 tablespoon chopped chives
* 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
* Red pepper flakes for a little spice (optional)
* Salt and pepper
<h5><p style="color: rgba(20, 117, 135, 1)">Instructions:</p></h5>
1. Preheat oven to 400℉.
2. In a large skillet, cook bacon for about 8-10 minutes. Remove from pan while still pliable, not crisp. Cool on paper towels.
3. Grease your muffin tin(s).
4. Put one piece of bacon in each hole, wrapping it around to line the sides. Then crack a single egg inside each cup.
5. Top the eggs with chopped chives, italian seasonings, salt, and pepper to taste. Then sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
6. Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Keep a close eye on them while in the oven to avoid overcooking.